ORF COLLABORATING WITH LOCAL ADMINISTRATION IN FIGHTING SECOND WAVE OF COVID-19
As India is grappling with the second wave of COVID-19, more than 300,000 people have already died and it is increasing every day. There is huge surge in covid positive numbers across India. Many are struggling to get proper medical aid. This is the time to show our solidarity with our fellow citizen. We at Odisha Rising Foundation are involved in providing relief and medical aid support to more than 50K families since last year, in this unprecedented time.
The second wave of COVID – 19 is raging with devastating impact. With more than 3.8 million active cases (as of May 7, 2021) and with numbers predicted to rise to a peak of 600,00 a day by mid-May 2021, our health infrastructure is already overwhelmed. There is a dire need for hospital beds, medicines consumables and COVID appropriate behaviour among citizens.
ORF with its disaster experience and volunteering engagement on the ground, is well-positioned to provide the much needed support to the affected citizens through:
- Set up of Covid Care & Learning Centre(CCLC) for children of the covid treatment parents
- Provide essential medical supplies such as medicines, oxygen, medical equipment and PPE kits to the ambulance driver and frontline workers
- Serve cooked food to the victim’s family
- Supply much needed ration to the patient’s family
- Distribute sanitary pads to the girls who are struggling during this Pandemic period
- Raise awareness for COVID appropriate behaviour within communities
ORF team has compiled all our learning and knowledge resources for ensuring that all the necessary supplies are fully available to all our partners and volunteers who are helping the local communities they serve to battle COVID 19.
We encourage all our stakeholders to support us through your generous donations so that we can accelerate our work on ground and save many lives collectively. Let us all collaborate and help our communities cope with the challenges and disruption posed by COVID 19.